View Single Post
Old 03-03-2014, 10:10 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

FWIW I am sorry to hear this. I sympathize, there are so many frustrations in this hobby.

Apart from the above advice, I would also look to the Ca and Alk parameters in particular and have them double-checked with different test kits if possible.

Are you dosing manually or using a calcium reactor? Do you use kalk? I might also be tempted to suspend any automatic dosing for the time being until things settle out.

How new and how much gfo is there? In particular with "mysterious SPS death" PO4 plays a significant role (too much of it, too much change with it, and so on). Have you tested for PO4, and what was the value? And what test kit or tester are you using?

If you had significant nitrate, I think you would see other symptoms, so I think we can rule out NO3, but it might still be worthwhile getting a trustworthy reading of that as well in the meantime even if only for ruling it out.