View Single Post
Old 02-25-2014, 04:13 PM

paddyob is on a distinguished road

Looks like all your corals are bleached too?

Were you out of town for a long time or something? Just appears to me, IMO, that neglect got the better of it.

No hair algae will disappear magically with rowa added. And no way in a weeks time. It takes a combination of phos remover, manual removal (pull it out) and a correction in your maintenance habits (reduce feedings, more frequent water changes, etc). This is a process that takes time. Trust me.

The aptasia is something else all together. That battle will be long and hard... for every one you can see...bank on 2 you can't. You will need an aptasia predator, as recommended by another reefer. File fish or peppermint shrimp work well.

As for the bleaching.... thats something else. Lack of element dosing. Too powerful of light setting. Poor water quality. Who knows.

I dont know your history with reefing, but I would say, get on the net and start reading before you start again. Find the issue and solve it. Over time your tank will be better off.

I dont know anyone who wants corals or rock infested that badly.

I would step back. And work to correct what obviously went wrong. In a captive environment... its almost always the "reefers fault". The tank cant take care of itself.

I myself, have been battling Dinos for the last year. My tank has only two corals in it, as adding anything while the tank is under stress is a bad idea. Makes everything harder if you cant focus on the problems. I almost shut down, but the light is at the end of the tunnel now, and im looking forward to the end result. a healthy reef again.

I know this probably wont help you, but selling it all is the wrong path... as the poor condition of the corals and rock are worth next to nothing... unless somebody really wants to inherit your problems in their own tank.

best of luck.

My 70 Gallon build:

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=66478

My Mandarin Paradise:

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=72762

I wonder... does anyone care enough to read signatures if you make them really small? I would not. I would probably moan and complain, read three words and swear once or twice. But since you made it this far, please rate my builds.