View Single Post
Old 02-24-2014, 04:33 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus
Default Apex users: how often do you reboot? Or how to detect "stuck" ?

So yesterday I discovered my T5 lights were off when they should have been on. Turns out, my Apex was stuck. The control panel was responsive to input but none of the power outlets were working properly.

My Apex controls my dosing, T5's (which are supplemental - the main lights are self-controlled), and heater. Judging by the temperature graph the tank was cooler by a degree for several days.

I thought the temperature drop was just due to the cold weather so I didn't think too much of it when I first noticed that the tank was slightly cool. But now I realize the controller just wasn't doing its thing. I should have clued in when I noticed it was 1 degree cooler and I wasn't getting email alerts (apparently I'm still getting used to the fact I can get email alerts at all). Of course after power cycling the Apex (aka "unplug it and plug it back in") I started getting email alerts about the temperature.

Whoops.

The controller has been online for well over a year now and in that time I can think of one other occasion where I needed to power cycle it. Overall, that's not TOO bad I guess, but it goes to show that apparently I was getting too complacent with things and need to be a little more diligent in checking the temperature graphs and whatnot.

I'm curious to hear of other users experiences with this sort of thing? How often do you power cycle your Apex?