View Single Post
Old 02-22-2014, 05:12 AM

Wretch is on a distinguished road

Time for a little update.

Display tank is completely cycled and I have added a small cleanup crew. I have the light on full time for the first time and once again I am not happy. The light is supposed to have 3 channels but it seems like all the lights come on all the time no matter how set. The lights do appear to ramp up and down but I can't split the colours and the moonlights don't come on. Also seem to get a crazy disco effect because of the water movement. This seems to be turning out to have been a live and learn purchase. I guess I will run it till it dies as I am not sending it back to china.

The quarantine tank is just about done its cycle as well. Ammonia and nitrite are at 0 just waiting for nitrate to come down from 2ppm. In the process of deciding on what fish will be first. I have a terrible case of indecision.

As for my broken Smart ATO I am now dealing with the manufacture. I was sent a new power supply but that didn't do anything so I am waiting to see where this goes.

I am now in the market for my first corals. Zoas, palys and some LPS are on the menu. I will be going to look at some coral tomorrow and hopefully get some frags. Will I be all fragged out before the frag swap?