View Single Post
Old 02-12-2014, 10:21 AM
Banned

Basile is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkoD View Post
Also what you can do is dose amino acids under blue light. It glows yellow and then you can follow it to where the flow takes it
For a quick check maybe, but how much of the stuff you gona use to chart your entire tank, expensive stuff to use for that purpose and you'll have to poison your tank before you find out all the info i get with my stick and a ribbon. I dont do that once, it takes a week and more to map and chart your tank. paper and a plan to do what i did. I do it for the purpose of economy of buying too many powerheads at $ 500 a piece. If i can get away with 2, instead of 3,4,5 . Thats money in my pocket on top of knowing where to put my corals and where they'll best grow.

Its like the guy who mentioned using flakes, how much food is he going to waste and polute his tank to find out where the flows are. And flakes stays on the top, currents like the ocean have layers, the bottom flows differs from the top .Specially if you have powerheads at mid tank. I did my reasearch when i was cycling or some of it , so when the life stock was there, i had the right pumps at the right place and the right number of them. Right now i'm using them at only 50% of their capacity, because the tank is new and has no obstacle besides the aquascape. Soon corals grow, like the birds nest where you need to augment the flow. I'll be glad to have that 50% in reserve. because now i can blow my existing corals out of the water lol.

Last edited by Basile; 02-12-2014 at 10:24 AM.