View Single Post
Old 02-08-2014, 12:14 AM

Antrias is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Sounds like something is still blocking or impeding the muffler.
Yeah it really does and there was a ton of build up inside that piece that connects the pipe to the pump i was almost certain that getting that off would fix it. Maybe I'll take it apart again and have a third look over to see if I missed something.

Quote:
I've also seen a thread where a person added a piece of hose to the end of the muffler, and fed it back into the exhaust hole on the collection cup. This silenced it quite a lot apparently.
Hopefully I don't have to do any modifications - It was so perfectly quiet for so long! Even looking at the pump taking air in I can see that the air is being taken in normally but every 10-15 seconds there is an extra amount of air bubbles that get in causing this flapping noise.

Quote:
Your tank is still fairly young and going through changes, its possible something has built up over time or depleted over time. Have you done all your tests?
Using the API Reef master kit I have:
0 Phosphate
0 Ammonia
0 Nitrite
0 Nitrate
310~ppm Calcium (Maybe a bit low... I have slowly been adding some supplemental calcium since i last took the test so I'll retake tonight)
35ppm salinity

I use RO/DI water as well