View Single Post
Old 02-03-2014, 04:07 PM

mike31154 will become famous soon enough

A little like the Grey Cup huh? With Sask doing a number on Hamilton. I think that was a tad more entertaining to watch though, at least Hamilton got on the board with a little more gusto than Denver in the Stupor Bowl. I don't watch pro sports of any kind as much as I used to. Something has changed since my younger days. Pretty well every pro sport now involves some sort of doping, a bunch of superhuman freaks out to make insane amounts of money. Still watch soccer though & the Grey Cup most years. Something about the east/west rivalry in the Grey Cup makes it a special game & to me Canadian football has always been more interesting to watch than the American game. I also get a real kick out of the American announcers calling the Super Bowl winning team "World Champions"! How pretentious. Same goes for the "World Series" of baseball. Where do these guys get off? Granted, both leagues would likely overpower any other country that tried to enter the fray, but there's something not right about being so pompous as to tout youself as world champs without even considering the rest of the world! Don't think I've ever heard the Stanley Cup champs referred to as "World Champions".

Last edited by mike31154; 02-03-2014 at 04:09 PM.