View Single Post
Old 01-14-2014, 11:15 PM
Second Best

spit.fire is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
Which water to use is a matter of priorities. Tap water in the GVRD is generally good enough for a reef, unless it isn't on some particular occasion.
Construction or some other form of contamination could wipe out your whole tank. Maybe tomorrow, maybe in 20 years.
If you have 2 x $5 frags and a damsel, maybe it doesn't matter. If you have $500 worth of coral that you've grown from frags, maybe it matters.
So for the cost of a RO unit, you eliminate that possibility. It's peace of mind.

Sure, nobody wants to spend an extra $200, but if it saves your tank one day, you gotta think it's worth it.
+1
Lots of people try to control what goes in there tanks, why add an unknown variable when you don't need to and have the "what if" variable

By running ro you know your water is good and you're not leaving anything to chance.

I don't live in surrey but every time I've used only tap water (low Tds) I've always had issues with algae. Best purchase i made IMO is my vertex ro/di unit

Also you don't need to spend ~400$ on an ro/di filter, there's a few companies out there with very reasonably priced entry level filters