View Single Post
Old 01-14-2014, 09:12 PM

badAZZlars is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim the toolman View Post
I have 2 IT2080 running over my 180 gal and they are great. I get full coverage at about 6" above the water line. I actually had to move them up a little because it seemed my fish were afraid to come to the surface due to how bright they were lol. I am mostly running lps but I do have a few sps that are doing just fine. Programming them was a breeze and I really like the fact they throw in a remote. Also another nice part is that one remote runs both fixtures so I just keep the second remote as a spare. When you consider the fact that companies like AI charge a premium for a controller or a remote I think this is a great incentive.
I also should add that I ordered these fixtures from Nick and the customer service was A+.
I did not use the stock mounting fixtures because I did not want to hang them but due to the large lip surrounding the underside of the fixture it made it very simple to DIY a mount over the tank.
To date I have still never ran them at 100%. I think at peak my colour channel runs at 100 and the whites only get to 75.
I will throw a couple pics up following this post.
Do you think that you could have gotten away with 2 of the IT2060's on your tank? I have a 6' 125 gallon that I am starting to buy parts for and am considering these.