Thread: Tang Troubles
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2014, 03:17 AM

Fishfreak is on a distinguished road

I know exactly what you mean about tangs, they can be vicious. I have an 8 foot 400 gallon tank and never would I have thought that there would be that much aggression between tangs in a tank that size. I even tried using a 4 foot long mirror and that sort of worked. I have a powder blue that already killed a powder brown in my 8 foot tank. Recently I added an orange shoulder tang and being that they are both acanthurus, I was quite concerned about the powder blue again. I added him by using an acclimation box and keeping him in there for the first two days. The powder blue could see him and did he ever try getting him, but to no avail. After two days I let him out and although the powder blue still went after him, the aggression was way less. The orange shoulder still ended up receiving a small gash but after a little chasing and about two days, it has stopped and they get along fine. This seemed to work for me. Built the acclimation box out of some acrylic I had lying around, so it didn't really cost me anything.