View Single Post
Old 01-01-2014, 06:30 AM

blacknife is on a distinguished road

Tank has been unattended since august. Finnaly saw it today. Agter getting the kids to bed and shovelling the walks I figured I could see what is up. Reffugeium had 0 flow to it but this looks to be recent as the water is still high. Skimmer pooched and microbubbling, now cleaned removed one destroyed cerith shell still needed new impeller. Return pump, drasticaly reduced flow, no time to clean that today but I think its slowly getting pooched.

Remaining fish scopas tang and a few cardinals.
Most sps gone..
Most lps.. gone my acans apparently were launching out of their sceletons at some ponint at least there are a few scattered survivors..
Zoas and palys.. some colonys totaly disapeared, a few thriving

Xenia.. monstor sized. Grew up through a few of my sps choking them out..

Hydroids.. a few new patches on rocks they were not on..

Random pest anenemies.. only one huge apastasia in the refugeium..many ..manajoes in the display and a few of those mini bubletip bastards left too but they look scungy not nice like they used to.

Pulled the zeo reactor out since.. there is no point.. then knocked my automatic fish feeder in dumping all the food In...

Hoping the water for a waterchange will finish mixxing before she comes home and I am done here.

Oh well it was nice while it lasted..

Think I am going to try to keep it in this state untill I can set up the next tank. Next build or even the fixing of this one will be lower maintnance.. try to avoid getting the sps bug and hopefully set up to survive up to 6 week shifts...

The 7 foot is parked, I might still use it and the glass for the 105 is still sitting outside in the snow against the stand for the 7 foot, guess I will hoard that for future use too since it never got picked up.

Happy new year!

Last edited by blacknife; 01-01-2014 at 06:39 AM.