View Single Post
Old 12-24-2013, 03:26 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

In a pinch, run a temporary sump using a rubbermaid next to the tank or something like that, tie yourself over to when the stores are open again after Christmas (although let's face it, they'll be open Boxing Day anyhow).

Without really knowing too much of your setup, here are a few options I'd be looking at if it were me:

- Drain it, clean it, reseal it in place. Get some Construction 1200 silicone for the job. If Concept can't sell you any for some reason (and honestly I'm sure they'll have some onhand, in the off chance they don't, try Bow Valley aquariums assuming they are still around these days - I have no idea it's been a while since I visited them last.)

- In the same vein as #1 .. just take it out and build a new one in its place. I would consider new glass if somehow the old wasn't going to be repairable easily.

- I once had the same problem. In my case I looked at what I could get into the sump without draining the tank and I said .. you know what, it's my house, and the only thing in behind there is a workshop .. so I punched some holes in the drywall, ran some pipes through there and had my sump in the room in behind. I patched up and painted over the holes when I moved out. A bit drastic.

- If seriously, if nothing else, go get a rubbermaid or other kind of tank, some vinyl pipe from Home Depot or Industrial Paints and Plastics or where-ever .. and get the heater, skimmer, reactors, etc. running off there until you can get a more permanent solution in place.

This hobby will throw curve balls at you for sure! Keeps you on your toes and all that. Good luck! You'll get through this, no worries. And Merry Christmas. :-)