View Single Post
Old 12-10-2013, 05:19 AM

rickcasa is on a distinguished road

I've read some of those threads too. But without using dual peristaltic pumps, I think there's an even simpler way using float sensors and the sump's water level.

First I'll drill a drain hole on the sump wall just above the normal water level and this will be plumbed to the house plumbing.

When the Return pump is programmed to shut off daily, dt water siphons down the sump raising the water level and drains out as waste.

In a few minutes, the return pump is turned back on and depletes the chamber level as it fills the DT back up. A sensor will trigger new salt water to be pumped back to restore normal sump water level.

Any issues with this idea?

Ok, so during power outages, a water change will be forced...not such a bad thing.

As for the crud, well I'll vacuum every now and then.
"The Cavernous Reef" - 180g RC Build In-Progress: Miracles (72x24x24) 3-Sided Starphire; 2X exterior overflows; closed loop w Speedwave 1320; SRO 3000int; Speedwave 2640 return; Aquatronica controller with 3x dosing pumps; 2X Maxspect Razor 160w; 2X MP40wes, 2X MP20; 54" acrylic sump with ATS. Corner 90g Reef.

Last edited by rickcasa; 12-10-2013 at 05:23 AM.