View Single Post
Old 12-07-2013, 03:41 PM

skabooya is on a distinguished road
Default How can you make it through....:(

Last night was awful. One of our close family friends lost their daughter. She was not a year old yet. She was a twin, leaving behind her brother and an older brother. It was so fast an unexpected. In less than 8 hours she went from being a healthy normal baby to death. It was meningitis. How can anyone get over a shock like that.
Everyone is devastated. I cried so hard for them. My soul ached for them. My husband and I slept with our baby monitor close to hear our daughters breathing. We checked on our son and daughter often. I can't imagine and I don't want to imagine looking around the house and seeing all those empty chairs, toys, bed and broken routines.
I have been through a few very hard family deaths (my dad and grandmother especially) but they were adults and we knew they were sick. This was a total shock.
I feel so guilty that today I get to take my kids to 2 Christmas parties to see Santa and our friend has lost that right with one of her kids. No first Christmas, first steps, first birthday and all the other first milestones.
How do you make it through something like that.
I know you do it because you have to go on but oh my gosh. :**(