Thread: Well Water
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2013, 04:27 PM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grizz View Post

If you have a gravity feed out to a field like I do, you need to be very aware of what goes down the drain in the form of liquid. Even when we have a house full during the holidays I have to check the level on the wet side to make sure it does not get to high and go over the weir that separates the solid's from the wet side. So water changes for me are a bit more challenging.
I had a gravity to a leach field. my tank was two chambers but had a pipe that spilled from one to another. when we first moved into the house we had it cleaned and inspected and also had a particulate filter/strainer installed on the first chamber side of the pipe. this was so that when there was increased water usage it would not allow solids to pass to the second chamber.

how much water do you change at a time? it would take a heck of a lot of water at once to pass solids, unless it is a old system and some one built a bigger house than it was designed for.

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.