View Single Post
Old 11-28-2013, 04:37 PM
Rest In Peace

Doug has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
You need to decide on what you really want out of lighting. Control or coral color. LED will give you better control. T5, better color. Ya, so you have to replace bulbs. Suck it up, cost of doing business.
Actually control is the least thing I want. Does not serve much purpose for me and I just screw it up anyways..

And like you, bulb replacement is a non issue, as long as its not on a 6 month basis or something stupid like that.

I basically want the best light for my.......SPS....tank. And roughly in the price range of both the listed fixtures. And both, one being 36in. and one being 32in. should provide good coverage for my 36 by 18 tank.

And as I have time to decide, I seek all possible information from other users. .. I prefer the 2080 leds but then besides the many I know on RC, I see well seasoned aquarists on here like yourself and others dumping their leds to get better colour in their sps corals or even growth and colour, as some have mentioned.

Sooooooooo, there must be something to that, regardless of the successful led lit sps tanks.

Is that not correct. And the t-5 vote is almost twice that of leds vote....interesting.

I should just suck it up as you say and buy the powermodule combo unit and be done with it....