View Single Post
Old 11-27-2013, 12:52 AM
Banned

Basile is on a distinguished road
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason604 View Post
Ur rock work looks rly good dude. But just out of curiosity how come it looks like it will be sticking out well above water lvl? As for sand bed u should get a sifter goby. Then u will have a forever changing sand bed that will be auto cleaned. That's only if u don't decide on getting LPS that's stays on sand bed like scoly or plates etc. I constantly have to blast sand off them -.- kinda dreadful lol.
You've noticed hey...lol. This is due to three things. First when i did the sculpture it was braced on 1/2" pvc pipes but they cracked so i had to replace it with 1" pipe but forgot that extra 1/2" inch it gave the structure, then the weight of the thing was too great to put in on its feet so it rest on tw sheets of 1/2" of plexiglass so it too raised the sculpture again. Then the third reason is i'm an idiot, like i said in my videos on making these sculptures, dont start sculpture until you have your tanks as point of refference for your scale or you'll have issues with scales ... i started without my tanks , yep.... didn't listen to my own recomendations.So there you have it lol. But it actually wont be a big problem really. But it almost was. Anyway if you want to see how i did it this is the link; http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=98466