View Single Post
Old 11-18-2013, 06:37 AM

waynemah is on a distinguished road

The port forwarding has nothing to do with the Profilux or any controller for that matter. But you need to forward the port to a specific internal IP address. If it were me I would assign a static IP to your Profilux and make sure it's on the same subnet as your router... From there you will want to port forward to the static IP.

Steps I would take...

Take note of your IP and subnet. Most routers are set to 192.168.x.x network with a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0. If you run ipconfig /all in a command prompt (windows box) it'll give you the info your looking for.

Assign the Profilux it's own IP within your network. Essentially take the last part of your IP and choose something that is not in use (ping the address to make sure it's not in use).

Port forward port 80 to your static Profilux IP in your router... It sounds like you know how to do this.

Go to whatsmyip.org. This will tell you your external address. This is the address you will use to access your box from outside your LAN.

Unless there are specific firewall rules in your router that block port 80 (which there might be), this should work for you.