View Single Post
Old 11-13-2013, 06:03 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magickiwi View Post
So as a parent of four girls you can't imagine any scenario where they would reach into the tank without your knowledge or permission? Do you keep the top bolted on? You never do tank maintenance with them around? Do you have any rock in your sump? Is that within reach? When they were 2 did they understand and hear everything you told them and subsequently never did anything ill-advised? Did you keep your poisonous cleaners like drain cleaner, etc. up out of reach with the cap on despite you telling them not to touch it?

It was a stupid question and a smart-a** comment to boot. No I do not LET her play in the tank but it's my job to think of things that could happen and prevent them. You do your parenting, I'll take care of mine.
No, I can't imagine that scenario at all. If I could, the water would be a much bigger risk (drowning), then the tangs (sharp blades), then the other bitey fish, then the euphyllia corals, because they wave around and sting, then if they picked up a rock, I'd be more concerned with them dropping it on their foot and breaking a toe, or the glass which then hits them causing a gapping wound and requiring stitches. THEN, I'd worry more about electricity and water (although I removed that above to prevent risk of drowning) and then the rocks and acros are sharp.
Only after all of the above would I worry about a bristle worm, which, BTW, don't sting, they can release tiny bristles that, on the worse day, are slightly annoying and might teach my kid to keep her frekin' hands out of my tank like I said in the first place.

Just be honest here, you're squeamish and don't like worms and you're using the kid story as an excuse.