View Single Post
Old 11-12-2013, 08:13 PM

windcoast reefs is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magickiwi View Post
I'll throw in the dissenting opinion for what it's worth!

I'm a Canon fanboy and I love their glass. Is this for a Canon camera? Nikon, Sony, etc?

If it's a Canon I'd look at the Canon 100mm prime macro. It used to be in their L-Series but they dropped it down to their regular line to promote their new (at the time) zoom macro. The glass is outstanding and the lens is very high quality. I've taken some outstanding shots with it.

If it's not for a Canon then don't worry about it because it will suck anyway. (baaazinnnnggggaaaaaaaaaaa!)

Come on man, you know just as well as I do by saying something like that, your not convincing anyone. It makes you look like your trying to justify your purchase of the 100mm, which is a fine lens, but has nothing to do with the post. And how is this helping him?

I have used the 90mm, its slow to focus, and its noisy when focusing, but its sharp and its a huge savings over a canon or a nikon equivalent. I picked one up as a secondary lens, lightly used for $250. I use it while I'm climbing/mountaineering, just in case I take a fall or dump it in the snow, its not crazy to replace.