View Single Post
Old 11-10-2013, 04:00 PM

AdrianC is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taipan View Post
Don't be discouraged. It really is individual personality of each fish. You can try another Coral Beauty (perhaps smaller) again.

Alternatively; there are other Centropyge angels that are similar that you may want to look into:

Rusty Angel, Midnight, Blue Fin, Golden Dwarf, Flame, Potter's, Lemon Peel, etc.....

Take some time and research (some are more 'reef safe with caution' than others.)

As an aside: Chromis are kind of weird (at least for me). I've had them spontaneously disappear and die without a specific known reason (predator, disease, internal hierarchy fighting) in the past. I've already accepted the fact that they aren't as hardy as other fish.

My 2 cents : http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/sho...d.php?t=102188
I had heard that about my chromis too, but when they have been falling out one at a time. Found it odd. The last one croaked out on the sand bed, lucky for me my shrimp had molted so i ciuld take a look. But i found no signs of disease, injury or any other indication for cause of death. But none seemed apparent. I dont think i will try chromis again.

I had thought about a lemon peel but i thought my 45 would be too small for it. So i might get small fish for now then grow out the corals more instead.

But thank you and everyone else with this issue, canreef seems the most helpful for me in my transition from freshwater to reef. :-)