View Single Post
Old 10-22-2013, 07:29 PM
No Cookies

Dearth is on a distinguished road

Most Sea Cucumbers because they are slow moving have a defence mechanism where if injured or killed release a toxin into the water to deter eating in the open ocean it isn't an issue but a closed system it can be deadly.

People have had varying results with sea cucumbers but if you suspect that it has died or been injured what other reefers on various sites have recommended is to do a massive water change immediately 50-70% start running carbon and then a few days later do another big water change. You might or might not have massive loss it has been reported that some tanks have been virtually untouched from cucumber death while others virtually became a waste land overnight. If you run a quarantine tank catch what you can of fish, inverts and coral and wait for the water to get back to normal if not watch for illness or death.

I like sea cucumbers and have 2 in my tank but come with a hidden danger which is why it is always important to do your research before buying so you know what your getting into.