Thread: Herby vs Durso
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2013, 06:25 AM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madreefer View Post
I'm confused as i've never seen a herby drain in action and have only ran a durso. It has never let me down and I really dont like changing something that is'nt broken. Is it strictly a noise thing? My sump is in the basement so I dont hear anything anyways. Im thinking if I still stay with the herby which is my plan for my new tank I will need to have 6 holes drilled. I dont want to have my returns run up the back and over the top since it will be eurobraced. If I go durso I only need 4 holes drilled. I'd appreciate some feedback on this please and thank you.
with a far drop like that i would go for the herbie , it allows you to lock all air out of the lines , so would be quieter and less bubbles and agitation from air at the drain exit.

i happen to know where your getting your tank built and can help with design if you like , im sure the other fella wouldnt mind at all if i made you a drawing as im sure he will want one anyways

cheers buddy cant wait to see the new build its nice to have a fresh start after so many years