View Single Post
Old 10-09-2013, 02:43 AM

daniella3d is on a distinguished road

huh...when are you going to start doing quarantine?? It's the only way to avoid what you experienced...already 3 times. amazing.

Removing the sand at this point will be pointless. Using copper to treat ick is like using a bazooka to kill a fly. you get the idea. It will probably kill weak fish as well. Best would be hyposalinity as it is easy on the fish and does not pollute or ruine the liverock. Of course it is not to be used with invertebrate or coral.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott tang View Post
i filed a 125 galon reef tank with 500-1000 bucks in fish scimer canfilter coral live rock the works it crashed 3 times times time one velvet kiled them all .time two ich kiled them all now i have tryed very reef safe and semi safe med on the market at this point i took all the rock the scimmer and the corals out and re stalked it ich whiped them out again and now the tank is freash water with no problems

the corals are curently in a 29 galon led bio cube no scimmer no sump reactors just the rock coral and fish and some bio cem stars they have got ich(the three fish) and got over it wit out a problem 4 times now

after looking at the set ups and what difers was how clean my reef is and how dirty my old tank used to be also my reef has a crazy thin sand bed where my old tank used to have a 3 inch bed that always got disturbed i have read then ich grows in the sand for the most part i would romove sand for the futcher and remember tokeep the water clean !

Last edited by daniella3d; 10-09-2013 at 02:45 AM.