View Single Post
Old 10-03-2013, 04:14 AM

Jessie is on a distinguished road
Default Newbie with a Nano

I thought I'd stop creepin' the boards and introduce myself, I am brand new to saltwater...and to be more honest, I'm brand new to having an aquarium of any kind. I do have pond experience w/goldies but that is very limited at best.
So, I'm on day 2 of cycling my 29g tank w/live rock. I am using a Fluval 305 canister pump and have a Maxspect Razor 60W 10000k. I am still searching for a hob skimmer (really want a low profile one) and haven't installed any power heads yet. How am I doing so far? Sounds like I might know a thing or too but it's all a façade. I took a look in my tank tonight and low and behold something is growing!!! I can't tell you how excited (and frankly proud of myself) I was - I thought "look at me, day 2 and I'm already growing something!"...turns out I'm growing aiptasia...and had it not been for canreef I may have continued in blissful ignorance as my tank dandelions multiplied lol. Anyway, went to the drug store and had the awkward conversation about needing a needle to hunt anemone (just in case asking for a needle wasn't suspect enough) - I made sure to bring a picture of my nemesis just in case I needed proof (which I did). Got home, and proceeded with my hunt; took a couple full syringes of lemon juice but I think I may have gotten them. I'll find out tomorrow. So, thank you Canreef posters for helping out this newbie with a nano (though to me, my tank is a monstrosity), I'm sure I will be seeking more advice along the way.