View Single Post
Old 10-02-2013, 10:43 PM
Gold Member

SeaHorse_Fanatic will become famous soon enough

I couldn't agree more. If you ever run into someone who tells you there is only one way to do reefing, run away.

I've seen some of the nicest reef tanks with super healthy, colourful, growing corals that were KISS (Keep It Simple, Stupid) and others that were gorgeous but with all the bells and whistles. Some use RODI, some tap. Some are almost religious about doing frequent water changes, others go months in between. Whatever works for you, stick with that. Some people have more $$ to spend on the high end equipment, others prefer to put in more work and time to so simple water changes to keep up water parameters. It really is more an ART than a science, although a lot of science does go into it.
'

Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by kien View Post
Discover the methods that work for you. :-). It's as easy as you want to make it, or as hard as you want to make it. What works for me may not necessarily work for you. What's "easy" for some, may be challenging for others.

At the end if the day, the principals are exactly the same for all of us.

1. Keep your tank clean
2. Keep your tank stable
3. Collect stuff you like.

What's different are the methods we employ to achieve the above. There are so many methods, and they all work so long as you implement them properly. That's the beauty of this hobby.

There is not just one single road, there are in fact many roads that will lead to success in this hobby :-) #LessonNumberOne