View Single Post
Old 10-01-2013, 02:52 PM

brizzo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason604 View Post
After the first month I stopped checking the water parimeters. I only put in some KH whenever I remember to(about 1-2times every 2 weeks). I dose calcium with the purple up about 3 times since I got my tank lol. An I never ever checked Mag or dose it(never even bothered to get the kit). Everything in my tank seems to be just thriving and growing very quickly. Dunno what the big fuzz about dosing daily and checking parimeters very few days. Seems like its hugely overrated. Anyways I thought ill Throw in a pics of my koi ponds. Been neglecting it greatly since I got my reef tank lol.
If you keep adding chemicals without reason or measurement, you will understand why there is a big fuzz.

As corals grow and coraline spreads, demand will go up -- which will leave your water depleted, things start to go crappy, and you'll be questioning where you went wrong.