Old 09-30-2013, 06:34 PM

Trevor W is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myka View Post
Nice colonies!
Thanks again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff View Post
I just read through your whole thread and I really like how you used that bench next to your tank to hide the electrical for your tank. That is a great idea
Thank you! I really wanted to take as much of the electrical away from under the tank as I could. It seemed like all that electrical + saltwater was just not a good combo. I had the extra space so I found this cheap bench at walmart and it works perfectly. Not to mention that with it being cheap I wasn't too heart broken about taking a whole saw bit to the back to make the holes bigger. I encourage anyone that has the space to do it as well. I only hope that people will take the idea and improve on it or perhaps incorporate it into there own build some how. In all honesty you wouldn't really need a large storage bench like mine. Roughly about 2 months ago I had my skimmer go crazy (for whatever reason) and it was spewing water all over the place. I was sure glad there was no electrical under the tank due to the splashing, it was literally splashed everywhere under the tank. I realize that not everyone has the space to do a seperate cabinet for electrical, but even secluding or somewhat shielding there under tank electrical seems like a good idea to me.