View Single Post
Old 09-29-2013, 08:07 PM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

Yes, as Brett said, I alternate every water change between H2Ocean and Reef Crystals. I use to also have Aquavitro and RoyalNature in my rotation as well but no one sells RoyalNature anymore and I don't like how Aquavitro mixes. I actually like using different salts with every water change to mix things up (hey, that's punny, hehe). Mostly I do this to help dilute any issues with salt batches as well as to compensate for any potential deficiencies in a particular brand/bucket. In my experience, all the (higher level) salts are pretty good. They all get the job done. However, you can't always trust the levels printed on the buckets. There's definitely variation. Therefore, in my opinion continuously using one brand of salt is really no different than using differing brands of salt :-). Keep in mind I'm talking about the "higher level" salts rather than the standard salts like regular IO. I've actually had IO in my rotation too but definitely found that I had to supplement that salt so I stopped using it. Anyway, I've been doing this for years without any issues so I continue to do so.