View Single Post
Old 09-27-2013, 01:35 PM

Myka will become famous soon enough

A Yellow Coris Wrasse would be a better choice than the 6-Line that is probably the most similar to the 6-Line in which it will also eat flatworms, bristleworms, etc. However, just like the 6-Line, they may eventually kill and eat ornamental shrimp as they mature. Both the 6-Line and the Yellow Coris are the least likely to eat shrimp of the worm-eating wrasses. So that's something you should think about. Personally, I think the worm-eating benefits of the wrasses out-weigh the benefits of ornamental shrimp. The only real benefit of ornamental shrimp is from the Peppermint Shrimp which may eat nuisance Aiptasia anemones (although many won't), although their annoying habit of stealing food from corals that you're trying to feed in my opinion out-weighs the possibility of them eating Aiptasia. SO, in my opinion, get the wrasse, and if eats the Peppermint Shrimp sometime down the road then you can feed your corals easier.

So after that long-winded response...

Most fairy wrasses will leave shrimp alone, but they won't eat worms. They are very pretty and very active though. Firefish are active and brightly colored and often overlooked for some reason. Hogfish come in a variety of colors, although in my experience they are a bit aggressive for your tank size and fish list. A Square Spot or Blotchy Anthias would be a good choice too - the latter one is pricey. They need to be fed at least 2-3 times per day small amounts though.

SPS fanatic.