Thread: Paypal
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2013, 02:48 AM

sphelps is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by intarsiabox View Post
It's actually really easy with PP, just go their website and fill out a claim form online. Paypal attempts to contact the seller and if they don't respond or provide a satisfactory conclusion to the transaction they withdraw the money back from the seller and put it back on your credit card. It takes all of 5 minutes. Unlike my credit card company that somehow accidently charged a transaction from someone else onto our card and it took hours and 3 separate phone calls to correct, it was only for a small amount which just made me madder that Visa was being so ignorant about it. I don't have a Visa card anymore.

As others have mentioned I to was told by PP that I needed a bank account attached to my account for "security" reasons. I set a separate bank account up for it but didn't like using it so I just called PP and they took it off my account and have never bothered me again about it. I suspect I could have just called to begin with and never attached the account at all, which is what I would suggest before going through the trouble of adding a bank account to PP.
Actually no it's not always that simple, Paypal actually doesn't cover many types of transactions, for example anything sent to non-verified vendors. I've been told by paypal before that they won't do anything I have to work it with the seller despite not receiving anything and not having any contact info other than an email they don't reply to. As for the unauthorized transactions I had, they originally claimed there was no transaction until I sent bank records then they claimed it was a subscription service I authorized even though it was a single item purchased through ebay. They eventually realized the mistake but it was far from easy, for example try and call paypal to actually talk to someone, bet you can't do it All you can get is generic auto generated emails.