Thread: Paypal
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2013, 01:51 AM

intarsiabox is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphelps View Post
The bank was literally no help at all in the matter, they won't typically take care of these issues like your CC company will. Plus with paypal issues you usually have to deal with them directly which usually isn't easy.
It's actually really easy with PP, just go their website and fill out a claim form online. Paypal attempts to contact the seller and if they don't respond or provide a satisfactory conclusion to the transaction they withdraw the money back from the seller and put it back on your credit card. It takes all of 5 minutes. Unlike my credit card company that somehow accidently charged a transaction from someone else onto our card and it took hours and 3 separate phone calls to correct, it was only for a small amount which just made me madder that Visa was being so ignorant about it. I don't have a Visa card anymore.

As others have mentioned I to was told by PP that I needed a bank account attached to my account for "security" reasons. I set a separate bank account up for it but didn't like using it so I just called PP and they took it off my account and have never bothered me again about it. I suspect I could have just called to begin with and never attached the account at all, which is what I would suggest before going through the trouble of adding a bank account to PP.