Thread: CrossFit
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2013, 03:40 PM

Seth81 is on a distinguished road

Yeah I can understand that "Me time" thing...Also living in Calgary I don't get much outdoor cardio in the winter/early spring except the occasion days snowboarding. So doing cardio at the gym is a good habit for me.

Yeah I'll Google that guy for sure! I tried out P90X for a bit, but found that I'm not self disciplined enough to do it at home, I just don't push myself unless others are around. So sometimes I do the ripped or extremely ripped classes at my gym which is freaking insane!! Talisman centre in Calgary has got some awesome group finesses classes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
Ya, I guess my ideal woman has a 6 pack -lol

Cardio is important, but I try to keep mine to sprints or intervals. I can link you a workout that will leave you on the floor trying to keep your heart from bursting out of your chest that takes about 20 minutes, all in the squat rack.

I do love running, just for the "me time" I get from it, but I have to make sure I'm prepped nutritionally so that I don't burn muscle tissue doing it (fairly common problem with long duration steady state cardio).

If you're really interested in this stuff, look up some podcasts by Phil Learney, great coach that trains a lot of rugby players.