View Single Post
Old 09-13-2013, 07:35 AM
No Cookies

Dearth is on a distinguished road

I work shift work and it is very difficult to make people understand that I can't just go out for the day or stay up all day when I have to work nights or work the weekends I find it very ironic and entertaining and annoying that most people have little understanding of a shift worker and that I don't get the same days off that they do or that I can't go somewhere cause I have to sleep or go to bed depending on what shift I work.

I work 4 12 hr shifts 2 day shifts 2 night shifts and 4 days off and my days off change every single week. It is actually quite difficult to explain that shift to most people but I have been working it for 18 yrs now and I love it. However again it is difficult to explain to people that I can't do this go there or do that and add in to the fact that I never have the same days off week after week and it really confuses people.

Sorry I was woken up one too many times today and was a little grumpy and somewhat surly with my words but only got 5 hrs left in my shift bed will be good today.