View Single Post
Old 09-10-2013, 07:12 PM

Snufflupagus is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike31154 View Post
Fine looking set up. First time I've read thru your build thread. Question regarding the stand skinning. Wondering how the drywall is holding up? Is it normal drywall or the water resistant kind typically used in bathrooms & damp areas? What kind of finish/paint did you apply? Most folks seem to go with plywood to skin their stands, so I'm curious for any info regarding your decision to use dry wall. Thanks in advance!
Thank you! My drywall is holding up just fine, not a single problem yet. I used mostly the water resistant kind only because I had a bunch left over from my bathroom, but in spots I used the regular drywall and it's holding up great. I don't typically drip a ton of water anywhere, so I'm sure that helps. As for plywood, I put a white water proof coat within the stand for extra water protection. I haven't noticed any problems in there either. For paint I used regular wall paint, nothing special. The only thing I do is wipe up the water drops when I see them. I hope this helped answer your questions.