View Single Post
Old 09-08-2013, 02:18 PM

Myka will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadod2 View Post
Well I see many 75 and 90 tanks with more them two tangs I don't see why having one tang in a 75 would be bad, yes I understand they get big and need swimming space
Just because you see it often, doesn't mean it is a good choice. Most people on these forums try to educate people on the best practices for keeping our beloved pets happy and healthy. Tangs don't belong in 75-gallon tanks. There a few small ones (like Tomini, Kole, Convict) that may do well in 4' tanks, but they really fare better long-term in 90 or 120-gallon tanks.

Many people will buy small tangs with the plans to upgrade to a bigger tank when the fish grow larger. Too many times it happens that there is no follow through on that promise. No matter how good the hobbyists' intentions are, many upgrades never come to fruition and you see tangs cramped into tanks that are too small for them where eventually their health is challenged. Large fish in small tanks also presents the challenge of keeping good water quality. Big fish = big poop = lots of nutrients to export in one way or another.

Rabbitfish/Foxfaces are right up there with tangs too - with the exception maybe being the One Spot Rabbitfish/Foxface which, being smaller, tend to fare just fine in 90 or 120-gallon tanks.

SPS fanatic.