View Single Post
Old 08-29-2013, 10:33 PM
Vendor

Reef Supplies is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Close call! PURE luck!

So I sold my Audi a couple of weeks ago. It was a 2006 with only 91,000KMS...super clean car. I kept it really well, here is what she looked like.

So this 20 year old gentleman comes see the car and he's instantly in love. I accept his offer. While we are waiting for our turn at the licence bureau he's telling me how he is going to modify the car by adding some magical chip that will give it an extra 50 horsepower...bla bla bla. So i tell the guy not to push the car too much since it never saw past 4000 rpm with me. It's an AWD so you can't F-around too much cause you'll break the thing!

10 days later I get THE call He tells me that the car is at the Audi dealer with a blown engine! F*&$*$*! He has an estimate for over $5000 to repair it. He swears he never beat it, didn't modify it yet...you know the drill.

I sold the car for $14000 and there was no way I was going to dish out $5K. So my mind is going nuts, I feel bad for the guy so I'm ready to offer him $1500 just to ease my mind. The other side of me is telling me to fight it, I'm heck, I drove the car for 6 years with no issue and this guy dumps the engine in 10 days!

To make a long story short, I get a call a couple of days later from the dealer asking me for proof of maintenance. I asked him why since the warranty was over. He said that there is a "cam follower" bulletin on the car that could possibly extend the warranty until 2015! I quickly..verrrrrrry quickly find all the docs he needed and by pure luck the guy is fully covered! He's is getting a brand NEW short block from Audi!

That my friends is pure freaken luck. Thats my free pass for the next 5 years lol! What a relief!

Ray

http://www.reefsupplies.ca