View Single Post
Old 08-25-2013, 03:32 PM
busy with fresh water.

The Guy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefwars View Post
im running a 2640 on my tank internally at home , love these pumps. i run 3/4" lines from my pump and the smallest barb fitting they give you fits inside the pipe snuggly.

i run mine on speed 4 and have my return t'd off for a manifold if i ever plan to add something, just up the speed a bit.

at the store im running a few different dc pumps and skimmers, we just hooked up two externally externally and on a closed loop system , sched 40 adapters fit the threads perfectly and they do not leak one bit so far.we have both of them on a controller to run 30 sec back and forth.

the dc pumps do have a small humm to them but nothing compared to some of the heavy ac pumps of equal size.
I just put a Speedwave dc1320 in my 90 g , could not be happier with the performance and it's totally quiet.
I too t'd of to run my UV and gfo reactor as mentioned just turn it up, I run mine full speed for lots of display water turn over.
Great pump that's for sure.