View Single Post
Old 08-23-2013, 07:25 AM

TimT is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by daplatapus
Do you have a link or anything to where you got info for doing all 3?
I think I got the info originally from a Reef Central thread on it.

Quote:
From my understanding dosing the VSV is better because you are diversifying the strains of bacteria, is that right?
Yes, that's why I do it.

Quote:
IF you don't have a link, would you care to share your recipe, thoughts, dosage etc?
I think the recipe was in the RC thread. It was a while ago that I did the research. The recipe I use is 750ml Vodka, 175ml White vinegar, 3 Tablespoons white sugar. I use Organic Cane Sugar instead of white sugar as I hate GMO's. Dosing is the same as straight Vodka.

I have been experimenting with substituting RO water for Vodka. So far I can only get the Nitrates down to 7mg/l. Corals use some Nitrate but I would like to get it lower. I am going to revert to Vodka instead of water and see what the Nitrate levels do.

I think someone mentioned this already but when dosing carbon you have to keep your Alkalinity lower. Typically in the 7dKH to 8dKH range.

Cheers,
Tim