Thread: Tank crash
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2013, 05:45 PM
Likes to play with Fish

tang daddy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bblinks View Post
Ram, I would slowly bring up all the parameters to the correct value in the next week or so, test everyday until you have reached the correct value. Also cross check your phosphate and nitrate but since you have been doing large water changes I would suspect they shouldn't be a concern. Run some carbon to get rid of what ever the death of your 4 colonies has left behind but go slow depending on what kind of carbon you use. Salinity will also have to be checked to maintain 1.025 since you will be adding quite a bit of salt. Save what you can bud and move on. Good luck.
Well said advise from Rich and others, possibly it has to do with the salt you're using... Try IO as its consistent. Doesn't suprise me that your mg dropped that low. It took me tons of mg to raise mine up from 1100. Mg can be brought up 500 ppm daily. If you don't have a doser mix up and use a container to drip it in. Keep testing. If you raise your alk and ca the mg will drop.

Good luck and sorry to hear about the losses, happens to the best of us, part of reef life. Also check for stray voltages, if you don't have a grounding probe get one and.... Also check all your equiptment for there maybe some metals leeching into your tank.

90g starphire cube/400mhRadium20k/2 XHO/2x27w UV/2x39w T5/ 3 Trulumen led strips