View Single Post
Old 08-07-2013, 09:41 PM

The Grizz will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphelps View Post
So looks like you have six return pumps total? I remember thinking you had a lot but six?
I'm a little concerned about the two sides, it appears the baffles progressively get lower starting off pretty high, I don't see anyway the two chambers on each side are going to be able to equalize. Is there a gap under all the baffles or what's the deal? What happens if one side requires more water than the other or if more water just happens to drain more to one side? How does it balance?
YES Steve there are 6 pumps and like I stated on page 4 only the 4 DC10000 will be running back into the 300 gal, one pump for every 2' of tank. In theory, the water running into the filter socks should evenly to both sides but I will not know until it is full of water and running. I was going to drill threw all the baffles and put in a piece of PVC as an equalizer but changed my mind. Worst case I will have to drill 2 - 3/4" bulkheads into the front of the sump at each end and run a pipe to equalize the volume or come up with some other amazing idea.

8' - 165gal Reef
DIY LED's Build
2012 Nano Contest Winner
Febuary 2013 POTM Winner
300 gal + 60 gal Complete DIY Build