Thread: Ich Recovery?
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2013, 12:04 AM

halwake is on a distinguished road
Default Ich Recovery?

Had everyone in QT for some time, finally got everyone added to the main tank after 4 weeks of the main tank being fallow ( had ich introduced to the main tank). A couple tangs appear to have some white spots develop. I know 4 weeks with no fish is pushing it, 6-8 weeks is preferred but we were leaving on vacation tomorrow and could not leave 3 rubbermaid tanks running and nobody to watch them. My question is has anybody had an experiece where the fish fought it off on there own? I cannot pull them all out again, we leave tomorrow. Right now the powder blue has a few specks along with the achilles. Yes I have them together and they are doing great, added at the same time. I am not looking for a lecture from the tang police just some idea if they have a chance to recover on there own. I have had the powder blue 4 weeks and the achilles 8 weeks in QT so they were aclimated, healthy and eating good while in hypo. Unfortunately, obviously the main tank did not remain fallow long enough, but was not by choice. If I have to pull eveyone out again when I get back would they be okay for 14 days?