View Single Post
Old 07-18-2013, 08:33 PM

Magickiwi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kien View Post
An inch from the water?!?? Yikes!! And ya, I can definitely see heating issues on an RSM. Those tanks tend to be sealed up with a lid which reduces evaporation thus limiting cooling. An open top (and possibly a strategically placed fan) goes a LONG ways in helping to cool a tank. A chiller will get the job done too though :-)
My Nano Cube is one of the "Next Generation LED" tanks. Essentially JBJ's first kick at an LED hood, so they were really anemic looking. The MH hood is incredible (after I swapped out the fans), I will have no time raising frags in it. (Other than some possible bleaching at first with that much light)

The RSM set ups are really good looking IMO but yeah, I don't dig the sealed tops. My friend also has the tank set up on his main floor with no central air and a south facing room.

As to your other post I can totally understand what you're saying. For my house the basement will be the main living area, so keeping it in the fore front of my mind shouldn't be an issue. The problem will be with leaving it alone instead of constantly fiddling

Last edited by Magickiwi; 07-18-2013 at 08:36 PM.