View Single Post
Old 07-18-2013, 08:14 PM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magickiwi View Post
Back to the basement question: Is there a reason why it would be inadvisable to put the tanks in my (developed) basement?
The only regret that I have ever heard from people with basement tanks, myself included, is the visibility (or viewability) aspect. Some people, again not ALL people, find that having their tank in the basement reduces or limits its visibility. A lot of home activities happen on the main floor, and by the end of the day you're exhausted and go to bed, without even seeing your tank. Then you sometimes get into a slump where your mindset is something like, "there's a tank in the basement, it needs a skimmer cup clean, glass cleaning, there's a frag rolling around on the sand bed, new dosing solutions need too up, this, that.." But because you don't see the tank it's easy to procrastinate and let maintenance slide. I'm not suggesting that this is what's going to happen to your tank. Simply that this is the only reason that I know of not to have a basement tank. Having said all that, TONNES of people have successful basement tanks :-).

Now, you're probably going to say that your developed basement is intended to be the prime recreation or entertainment area. That's good, it'll help. Again, this goes back to visibility of your tank. Ultimately, the more you see it the better off it'll be. Even if you're just glancing at it from across the room. How's that saying go.. Oh ya, "out of sight, out if mind." :-)