View Single Post
Old 07-18-2013, 03:10 PM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bblinks View Post
As always Kien, Beautiful shots and beautiful tank.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoJack View Post
Hey Kien, I have the same Acro crab in my bonsai valida mini colony. Have you ever noticed yours to cause any problems. I know he's not eating anything on the coral, however ... my colony isn't all that big yet, and I kind of feel like him perching and hanging out in the same spots may be killing some of the tissue on the acro branches.

Any thoughts on this?
In my years of reefing I have never known acro crabs to cause any harm. I have had quite a few over the years. Most of my larger colonies have one, sometimes two and my stylo has 3 large red ones! They are great caretakers actually, and will help maintain the health of the colony. For example, when acros collect gunk from fish food or fish poop they will promptly clean it up! I often wonder if they also eat parasites like coral flat worms off of acros.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDigital View Post
could you post more coral photos please?
more pics, OK!!

Itty bitty baby Hoeksemai. Got this as a teeny tiny skin flap frag last year. Literally only 5 polyps on it. It has tripled its polyps in a year!

Green Stylophora.

Unknown blue acro. Man, I have a lot of blue acros. Seems no matter what I buy, it turns blue!

Green Acropora gemmifera.

Unknown green Acropora.

German Blue Polyp digitata.

Multicolour Prostrata

Rainbow Millepora

Last edited by kien; 07-18-2013 at 03:15 PM.