View Single Post
Old 07-15-2013, 02:50 AM

Myka will become famous soon enough

Corals don't eat phytoplankton. The purpose of phytoplankton is to feed zooplankton (pods, live mysids, etc) to help increase population.

I like to mix Reef Nutrition Oyster Feast and frozen Cyclopeeze (the freeze-dried stuff is useless imo) which I add as a slurry to both my Zoa/LPS tank and my SPS tank. I also target feed some LPS with Fauna Marin LPS Pellets. Anytime I feed the corals I turn all the pumps off for an hour while everyone eats. I used to never feed my coral (fish poop usually works just fine), but I have been feeding the corals 1-2 times per week for the last few months looking for better growth from my Zoas and darker coloration from SPS corals. Oh, I also add 3 mL Zeovit Pohl's Xtra to my SPS tank (90 gallons) once per week, 0.75 mL Zeovit LPS Amino Acids to my LPS tank (50 gallons) once per week, and both tanks get a dose of Zeovit Coral Snow once per week too but that's not really food.

For the fish, I make my own homemade food from human-grade seafood. I also feed some HBH Spirulina pellets and on occasion PE Mysis and/or Spirulina Brine Shrimp.

SPS fanatic.

Last edited by Myka; 07-15-2013 at 02:57 AM.