View Single Post
Old 07-14-2013, 03:16 PM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoh View Post
what camera and lense do you use to take such wonderful photos?
Thanks!

I switch between using a canon 40D and 5D Mark II. For lenses I'll use the canon 100mm macro or the 105mm zoom lens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bblinks View Post
That's because kien takes shots mission impossible style, hanging from the ceiling.
So true. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myka View Post
Great photos! Everything looks happy! --Except those SPS corals in the bucket! You definitely look at the bright side.
Thanks. The tank actually doesn't look as bad as the Bucket of Death suggests. I'll throw up a FTS in a few days after I dump a few more photos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daplatapus View Post
Very nice. Glad everything is on the rebound. I love the colour of your Duncan's and that Favia is really cool.
Is that urchin a type of pincushion?
Thanks. Ya, the favia is definitely a show stopper and yes, that's a pin cushion. I have a couple. The pink one and an orange one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b09u5 View Post
Great photos kien! Sorry to hear about the freeing up of real estate, but it seems that it could have been a lot worse.

I suppose on top of all these costs for me to get into the hobby, I am going to have to add on an expensive camera and lens, so that I can try to keep up! Luckily I won't have much to shoot for a few more years.

Congrats on the 4 year anniversary!
Thanks. It definitely could have been a lot worse, and in fact, it has. I've gone through a couple of rounds of complete coral (SPS) wipe outs. Although there was loss (and some decline) here, it wasn't a complete write off.

You don't need need an expensive camera :-) Well, I suppose it depends on your definition of expensive! Lenses do tend to be on the pricy side though..