View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013, 07:06 PM

Bblinks is on a distinguished road

Sorry for the crap pictures. I have been lazy with the heat so iphone pics it is.

I lost a large blue milli colony due to my horrific alkalinity swing and a long line of misfortunate issues I had. Now that every thing has stablized and started to really take off again I can barely keep up with the big 3 even with my RX6 duo on a stream and large kalk reactor it still needs manual dosing. I tested on the 25 th of June and got 6.9 alk, 380 cal, and 1260 mag. I used BRS solutions and manually dosed 350ml of alk 1.3l of cal and 2.9l of mag to boost up the numbers but by the time I checked on the 1st alk is back down at 5.9, 380 for cal and 1300 for mag. So maybe its time to get a bigger calcium reactor....

Started weekly dosage of lugol's and to my surprise its aiding with a more vibrant blue from my acros and most of them seems more happy. I will see what the long term effects will be and report back. My goal is to eliminate all the other additives and just use the 3 I think matters the most. Amino acid, lugol, and zeobak9microbac).

300DD - 140DD

TOTM Fall 2013