View Single Post
Old 06-30-2013, 05:14 AM

scherzo is on a distinguished road

The other tactic is to phone Shaw and tell them that Telus is offering you their whole home system.

I have to agree that the Shaw system (especially internet) is a better deal and a better system. Telus is now doing something that allows them to deliver more content and data but I think there is still more capability in the Shaw system.

The FM station thing is annoying. I think what everything is changing to is everything is switching to DATA. They can already see the writing on the wall that everyone is going to on demand and they have to compete. Notice how your "cable" portion of your bill is getting cheaper but your data or internet part of your bill is slowly creeping up.

They are afraid of Apple TV and XBOX where you can get your content any time, any way you can. That is probably why Shaw bought Global TV. It gives them the opportunity to maybe be an exclusive provider of Global TV content in the future.

The advantage of the whole home PVR is that you can get it anywhere you want it as opposed to an XBOX or AppleTV where you're kind of stuck on the one device. Apple TV has it right though, $109 per TV might not be a bad price so that you can choose to watch your content on any TV.

Maybe in 5-10 years we'll be saying --- "Remember the PVR? How archaic! We had to wait for weeks for an entire season! Now I just buy the show I want to watch and I watch it when I want, and where I want ... just like reading a book"

Someone's making money ... and it ain't me!