Thread: ReefCentral
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2004, 07:20 PM

MalHavoc is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickb
I doubt that this is worth pursuing but, your intial post said:

'As for the hop timing out after the Level3 network - that's normal. We block ICMP packets going into the RC servers so traceroutes appear to time out after that point. '

My point was that the time out occured BEFORE your ICMP dropping starts. If you compare my tracert info, there are three more hops before reaching the RC load sharing computer. Hence, the time out on the original tracert likely gives some indicatation of where the system failure is occuring.
As I said in my initial post, the problem is with a particular router going into the ISP. It has nothing to do with our servers, or with ICMP. The fact remains, though, that those reports of dropped routes before you get into the various .rapidsys.com aren't what is causing this particular issue. This issue is with a specific bridge going into the ISP. It doesn't even have an IP address, so it doesn't show up on a traceroute anyway.

I managed to get a hold of someone at the ISP (in Florida). He's ticked that he's in there on the fourth of July, but oh well. Hopefully it'll be fixed today or tomorrow.